For Immediate Release
Winston Baker Presents Content Capital Summit on April 19 in New York City
Keynote speakers to include world renowned transmedia expert Jeff Gomez, Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer Barbara Whitman, and Academy Award-Winning Believe Entertainment Group’s Brian Hunt
New York, NY – March 15, 2018 – Winston Baker, leading global producer of entertainment conferences, announced the inaugural Content Capital Summit taking place on April 19, 2018 at the Dream Downtown in New York City.
“There’s as great an opportunity as there has ever been,” Macro’s Chief Strategy and Financial Officer, Eric Briggs stated at Winston Baker’s most recent conference when asked about investment trends in entertainment. Last year, Charles King’s Macro raised $150 million to help finance a slate of film and TV projects. The debt and equity financing came from Emerson Collective, the investment venture headed by Laurene Powell Jobs.
“The Content Capital Summit is dedicated to investors like Macro and Emerson Collective. Our goal is to present alternative investments in film, television, digital, live and emerging content,” said Katherine Winston, Co-Founder of Winston Baker. “The speaking faculty will explore the transmedia ecosystem, the fragmented OTT world, the latest M&A opportunities, live theater, and the evolving studio system,” added Amy Baker, Co-Founder of Winston Baker.
The impressive speaking faculty already includes:
- Jeff Gomez, world renowned transmedia expert who has worked with Fortune 500 companies
- Barbara Whitman, multiple Tony Award-Winning Broadway Producer
- Brian Hunt, Studio President and Head of Development for Academy Award-winning studio Believe Entertainment Group (Kobe Bryant’s “Dear Basketball”)
- Kevin Khanna, seasoned banker overseeing billions of capital for content related sectors
- Roy Salter, veteran advisor to major media executives around the world
- Jason Delane Lee, Co-Executive Producer of Academy Award-Winning Documentary “Icarus”
- John Hadity, seasoned expert in tax credit monetization and structured finance
The Summit will host investment managers who are interested in learning more about the content business. Studio, network, brand and independent professionals working on production, strategy and finance are also be invited to participate. Sponsors include Akin Gump, Entertainment Partners and Fifth Third Bank. For more information: http://contentcapitalsummit.com/.
About Winston Baker
Winston Baker produces conferences globally for the entertainment industry addressing strategies for finance, growth and innovation. Keynote Speakers have included Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos, YouTube Co-Founder Steve Chen, Award-Winning Producer Donna Gigliotti, Amazon Studios Head of Motion Picture Production Ted Hope, and Finance Veteran Chip Seelig. For more information: www.WinstonBaker.com.
# # #